Cassie Gazette supports your ambitions to be fully inclusive, to welcome deaf people, visitors with sight loss and people with reading difficulties to engage with your venue.
Visitors become enabled to learn about the attractions and exhibits, and their enjoyment is enhanced.
Cassie Gazette deepens and measures engagement of all visitors, across multiple dimensions, and provides actionable insights to support you in optimising customer experience, increasing repeat custom, and improving efficiency, sustainability and inclusivity.
What is Cassie Gazette?
Cassie Gazette is a technology to deliver your engaging content to visitors from QR codes, supported by translations into British Sign Language and foreign languages.
QR codes are familiar. Since Covid-19 restrictions were introduced last year, the UK population is used to seeing QR codes and knows how to use them to “check in”.
At museums, QR codes are frictionless. Visitors are already holding their phones, with the camera app loaded. This is all that’s needed for Android phones and iPhones to utilise QR codes.
A QR code is a convenient way to bring users to a web page, without typing the address. Everything that can be offered over the web can be made available by scanning a QR code: words, videos, social media, games and more.
Cassie Gazette takes the idea and adds engagement analytics.
Videos, audio, words and social media offer a gripping experience
Your customers pay to see and learn about the exhibits they love. Information signs support their understanding and fortify enjoyment.
Static information signs are a good, but limited way to invite visitors to read about attractions. Many people do not enjoy reading, preferring to listen or watch videos. Some struggle to read English.
As with Youtube, TikTok, Instagram Reels, Twitter and Facebook – Cassie Gazette enables you to feed short attention spans with video clips. Cassie Gazette helps you to entertain and inform visitors however they prefer to consume content.
Bring signs to life with videos, graphics, social media and promotions
You can do much more with Cassie Gazette
Up-sell with exhibit-specific promotions at precisely the time customers are most interested!
- More detail, more depth.
- Videos and sound.
- Translations and versions for different reading ages.
- Newsletter, VIP experiences and sponsorship forms.
- Social media templates to encourage visitors to share their experience – automatically tagging your museum, the exhibit and collection or exhibition.
- Share customer-generated social content directly and immediately.
Keep content fresh, visitors come back for more
Refresh and rewrite your digital signs as often as you desire to rejuvenate the experience and inspire continued engagement from prized returning customers.
Maintenance of digital signs in easier, less expensive, quicker, and more environmentally sustainable.
Increased engagement is a virtuous circle
Increased engagement leads to positive reviews and word of mouth recommendations, as well as potentially bolstering sales in the gift shop. Sharing pictures, videos and comments to social media becomes much easier for visitors as they are only ever one click away from creating templated posts, tagging and mentioning the museum and specific attraction. All positive interactions cement happy memories to support visitors returning for repeat visits. This can be a more cost-effective mechanism to improve visitor numbers than relying predominantly on attraction first-time customers.
Newsletter sign-up, VIP experiences and encounters, and donation / sponsorship forms can be presented at the moment when the customer is most interested in that exhibit. Recommendations and promotions can readily be presented, and reflect in revenue in gift shops and restaurants.
Actionable Insights from Real World Interactions
Each time a guest snaps a QR code, we record a few key data facts for you. This includes not just which sign has been of interest, but also for how long each visitor reads it, in what language, what else each individual has taken an interest in and when. You can build up a complete story of how people are enjoying their visits and use these actionable insights to optimise the experience for future guest. Do customer prefer cockatoos to your meerkats? Perhaps cockatoo toys would sell well in the gift shop.
Find out how long people spend engaging with each exhibit, and what draws them back again. Cassie Gazette delivers actionable insights to help you optimise the visitor experience, with sources that can be trusted: quantitative data collected passively, not survey answers from self-selected visitor samples.
Why not just use written words?
People who are born and grow up without hearing will learn to speak with their hands, face and body. A visual language such as British Sign Language is often their first or only language, the language of their internal monologue. For those who rely on visual languages, such as British Sign Language, written and spoken words may be of limited help at best.
There are many reasons why people may need to see, hear or read information on their phones:
- Sign Language users may have little or even no reading ability – English is not their first language.
- People with impaired vision who rely on large text and screen readers.
- Visitors who don’t speak English as a first language.
- People with dyslexia or learning difficulties affecting reading.
- Children and adults who have not learned to read.
Cassie Gazette offers many benefits to museums and museum customers
- Inclusion and equality of access is extended to Sign Language users and non-English speakers.
- Increasing depth of engagement, contributing towards positive reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations. It bolsters sales in museum gift shops.
- Convenient sharing of visitor-generated pictures and videos on social media channels, tagging the museum and exhibit, removes friction and promotes your venue to your customers’ friends and family.
- Enhanced and prolonged rich-media engagement from all visitors creates happy memories and repeat visits.
- Newsletter sign-up, VIP experience and sponsorship / donation forms are presented to visitors at the optimal opportunity – when they are already interested and learning more about an exhibit.
- Targeted cross-selling and up-selling promotions can be presented.
- Key facts about visitor engagement are anonymously recorded, analysed and transformed into actionable insights, objectively and quantitatively determining individual and group patterns of visitor behaviour.
PR Wins for your Museum
Early adopters stand to win big publicity opportunities. Cassie Gazette helps you deliver across three important domains:
- Disability and accessibility. Tell the world how you are working to bring joy to all of your visitors.
- Global inclusion. Attract visitors from abroad – and good-will everywhere – with press releases showing your support of international customers with digital signs in their languages.
- Environmental awareness and sustainability. Extend your Green policy by replacing printed, plastic signs with Cassie Gazette – saving trees every time you change or add information.